Today’s task is to write a list based on any of the following topics:
- Things I Like
- Things I’ve Learned
- Things I Wish
- Things You’re Good At
I think that the most challenging task for anyone would be to highlight what they’re good at because we live in a society that constantly feeds off of our insecurities or what we think we are bad at. This will be my first attempt at writing a list of 15 (positive) things that I believe I am good at in under 45 minutes. We’ll see what we get after the chaos.
15 Things I believe I am good at:
- Creating music
- Writing (in general)
- I guess I would say I’m pretty good at makeup.
- I was very good at Rugby but I haven’t played in a while.
- I’m good at being able to tell whether someone is lying or not- or if someone is being ingenuine.
- I’d like to think that I’m a good listener.
- Being a friend.
- Trying new exotic dishes
- Lending a hand/ helping others
- I definitely try my hardest to be a good person both to strangers and loved ones
- B A N T E R 😉
- Telling stories
- Knowing someone’s character
WOW. That took so much longer than I expected, granted I did finish the list with 20 minutes to spare. I kept finding that it was really hard to try and stop myself from looking at the things I am good at that aren’t necessarily “positive” qualities/skills to have. For example, I am really good at procrastinating but that in itself has negative connotations. It was also hard to tell where the line between humility and arrogance is because I often think “Oh, I’m so good at that” but what is too egotistical?
*cue Beyonce’s ‘Ego’*
I want to be able to look at this list later on when I need to reinforce positive aspects about myself and really reflect on how much I have grown as a person.
Have you done this challenge? If not I definitely encourage you to try and let me know about the obstacles you faced writing the list. Tag #heyitsarny so I can see your challenge.